Treatment of CNS diseases is not limited by drugs, but by DELIVERY
The CNS system of most vertebrates has established multi-layered barriers. This level of protection leads to a significant number of serious CNS disorders remaining untreatable, as therapeutics fail to overcome and pass beyond the BBB.
EnPC ® - natural derived protein-capsule based drug delivery technology
NEUWAY is engineering EnPC®, which are biotechnologically manufactured, purified and reconstituted. EnPCs® have a natural built-in on target property for delivering highly active drug substances across the blood brain barrier to the CNS after intravenous (i.v.) injection. Potential cargo ranges from small molecules to large nucleic acid strands. EnPC® has the great potential to achieve a new therapeutic standard as a drug delivery platform evolving the efficiency of CNS-related drugs.
The company currently uses this technology to encapsulate active drug substances that do not cross the BBB to successfully treat severe orphan brain diseases with very high medical need.
Strengths of EnPC® as Drug Delivery Technology
- EnPCs® are non-infectious, biologically and experimentally proven pathway to cross BBB.
- Compatible with wide variety of cargo modalities (g. nucleic acids, proteins/ antibodies, small molecules)
- Cost-effective, modular platform enabling an EnPC®-based drug prototype ready for in vivo testing in < 4 months
- Universal encapsulation approach highly suitable for upscaling
- Transient expression of delivered DNA -> no insertion into the genome -> multiple i.v. injections possible without initiating an (auto) immune response
- Scalable business platform options for corporate drug development, licensing, partnering, manufacturing and asset transfer